INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

...a post from the sleep deprived

What is it with my children? Why do they think that they need to wake me up when they wake up in the middle of the night? As my daughter Hannah wakes me up and tells me how she "just" remembered how she forgot 2 assignments at school yesterday. She's totally freaking out at 1:30 in the morning about this...I try to gently remind her that she has an A+ average and that she can miss an assignment or two and she'll still get to "graduate" from the 8th grade. Oh my word she was going on and on and on about it so then I made the comment...now you get a taste of what I go though, if it's not me thinking about the move, it's the house or shipping the cat or you, your brother and/or your Dad having things that you need me to do. I let her know that I wake up thinking about things I need to get done by a certain date, things that I want to do but no longer have time for, things I might have to do and of course my favorite things I don't want to do.

So today I am very much sleep deprived.

The paper crafting group Ladies are taking me to Hill City today for lunch and some general milling around. I let the kids and the realtor know that I’m not going to be “available” today. It’s been in the 90’s for the past 2 days and today it’s supposed to be in the low 70’s with some wind and rain…I say, bring it on! It's been nice to be warm, but it was just a little too warm for me!

My life has once again become a series of little emergencies…Hannah noticed last night that a bracket popped off her braces, I told her that she needed to pick a day that she could afford to miss some school and she freaked out with that. Her reply, “I can’t afford to miss any school, I've got projects due, I've got to be in the class to hand in my assignments”. Her next orthodontic appointment is on June 2nd, I wonder if it can wait until then. My girlfriends and I have had this trip to Hill City planned for over a month, I’m not about to cancel it! I've still got to make an appointment for my mammogram, make my spa day appointment (I've a gift certificate to use), finish my quilts for the quilt show and about 1001 other things to get done before the 28th of this month. There are days when there’s not enough time in the day to get everything done that I want to, then there are days when there’s not enough caffeine in the world for me to get the work done.


No comments: