INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Send Handmade Cards

I've been making my own greeting cards since before my daughter Hannah was born. There's something so personal when you give a friend or a loved one a card that you've made yourself. It shows that you've taken the time to give them something extra special, that you've put a piece of yourself into it just for them.



I'm always thrilled when my friends give me cards that they've made. I know some of the best card makers around these parts! Peggy (you've seen her stuff on her blog) is an amazingly patient teacher! Her card ideas are stepping stones for us to leap off of...she's opened my eyes to so many wonderful ideas! Sarah is always willing to try something new and different she has the heart of a true artist. :-) Ellen and Donna, I've been so impressed with their and from the first day I met them! Their stuff is fantastic! Full of glitz, glamour and oh so very sophisticated- they've always got me ooh and aaahing over their work! So any time any of them gives me a card, first I put it on display for a while then I tuck it into a little album that I've made.



But I'm soon to get involved in something else...it's making Cards for Hero's. Please click on the link that's hidden in the name for more information. I plan on getting the spouses group together to make cards for this fantastic organization! IF you want to participate click on the link and they'll tell you how you can!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Saw you visited my blog during the CFH hop and thought I'd pop over to say hi. How exciting and scary it must be to be moving to England! That's awesome. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Corinna
www.myscrapbooklife.com