INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, June 16, 2007

2 peas blog challenge- What other creative talents do you possess, besides papercrafting?

What other creative talents do you possess, besides papercrafting? Share your passions. Blog about it.. what else are you good at?

Oh my gosh as if you didn't know...it's COOKING!!!!! And I don't mean the kind of cooking that is heating up a can of soup, I'm into the make your own soup from scratch kind of thing. Using fresh herbs makes such a HUGE difference in the way food smells while cooking and the taste is soooooo much better!

I also enjoy counted cross stitching. My friend Lori took the time to show me how to do it right- after I had taken a class on how to do counted cross stitching, LOL! We were stationed at Loring AFB, Maine at the time and let me tell you at the time there wasn't much else to do up there. After our move to Texas and I was stitching like there was no tomorrow, I was even designing my own patterns. After discovering scrapbooking my needle work passion subsided. Then I met my friend Susan in Virginia, oh my gosh that woman can stitch! I've never seen work more excellent than hers, I wish I had her talent! She got me interested in needlework again and introduced me to hand dyed threads...life has never been the same for me since!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Yum! I don't know about cooking from scratch, but I love to eat from scratch!!!! :-) :-) :-) Kidding...well, not really. Actually I like to bake.

Sandie said...

I find cooking and baking to be stress relievers for me. Often you can find me in the kitchen creating 5 different dinners at one time. Yup in one fair stroke I can have a weeks worth of dinners prepared and ready to pop into the oven. My own mom and my mother in law both say the same thing..."I only cook for the simple fact that we have to eat".