INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Garage Sale

I got smart this time around and shortened the time we'll be open for this silly thing. It's a good thing I did because the sun was out in all of it's glory and I longed to be out of doors doing something.

I sold the dishwasher and the over the range microwave oven to a young Air Force couple who recently purchased a house. I gave them quite a good deal on it too and I feel GOOD about that! Knowing that we helped out a military couple to fix up their home with brand new appliances - priceless! I also look at it as they helped me out so I can get that new kitchen sink that I want Ü. You know the saying "Good things come to those who wait"? I'll be waiting just a bit longer for my sink since they were on sale at Menard's this week and they sold out. Was I bummed? Of course I was, but we got a rain check for the item. But who knows...I could be pleasantly surprised when I get back form California and my husband could have it installed for me Ü.

Not so many scrapbooking items sold this time around. I had one guy wanting to know if I had any albums for sale (he was a scrapbooker). He was wanting some Creative Memories brand albums and he wanted to pay 25¢- each for them, yes I contained my laughter until after he left. I know that some people shop garage sales every weekend looking for the best possible deals to make their $$ stretch and that's okay. And when you come across nice things that are of a terrific price it's got to be delightful. I take pride on knowing that I did not try to sell junk to people, that I sold clean unsoiled items, items that work, toys with all of their pieces - I'm just that way. When I say that something is NEW I mean NEW, never used kind of new.

While the garage sale was going on when scrapbookers came (trust me I can recognize a scrapbooker when I see one). They saw all of those lettering templates and alphabet stickers for sale and they asked if if I gave up scrapbooking. I told them no, just culling the herd so to speak. One lady just cracked me up...Are you sure you want to sell all this? There's so much "good stuff" here. I reassured her that I was not lacking in scrapbooking supplies department in any way and that I was VERY active in scrapbooking. I did not tell her that I had an entire room devoted to scrapbooking as I thought that she would have passed out right there on the spot. We talked at length on the subject and during that time I found out that she was new to the craft/hobby of scrapbooking and thrilled to be finding such good stuff at my garage sale. Before she left I made her take more stickers-free of course, LOL!

While at Menard's I went to the plant department...where I found and bought some more plants for my container garden. I've learned a valuable lesson with bulb flowers...after they are done blooming they start to rot. I will not be wasting my money buying bulb flowers again. They are short lived and then they rot...nice! I bought some more herbs and some Lavender, oh how I adore Lavender! And I know that it's a hearty plant that has wonderfully scented blossoms and just rubbing the leaves of the plant gives a wonderful scent. So as soon as we got home I put the new plants into pots and gave them all a good drink.

I realized later on that my sunscreen had worn off because I look a bit like a pink lobster. I blame it on the sweater, LOL! I put it on, I took it off, put it on again and took it off again. Must have done that a dozen times. Oh well, it's nothing that I can't live with... It's not too bad.

All in all it was a pretty good day. We ended it with all 4 of us watching a movie together "The DaVinci Code"- oh yeah that was a great movie!

No comments: