INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Me on being 45


What does it feel like to wake up and be 45 years old? Not any different than being 44 years old, just that I woke up and I'm now closer to being 50 than I was to being 40- that stinks.

Last year on my birthday I had a military spouses group meeting to attend and guess what...same goes this year (just a different military spouses group) what's up with that? Oh well, at least I'm getting out of the house and am not moping around the house because I'm now 45. I look at it this way... At least I don't look my age Ü. Not that being 45 years old has a look per say, but for my years I do consider myself having kept pretty well under the radar for crows feet, wrinkles and oodles of gray hair. What can I say, I wear hats in the summer, sun glasses and sun screen all year round- okay so genetics plays a big part in it too, LOL! But seriously, before you go in the sun, put on sunscreen of no less than 30 SPF. During the hotter months (when the earth is closest to the sun)I wear 45 SPF on my face, hence the no wrinkles thing happening here. And lets not forget to put that Sunscreen on your ears, neck and chest.

I'm going to get a friend to take a picture of me today...my birthday picture. I've got a layout all ready to go I just need to put my picture in it and my journaling and I'm done! What will I wear today? Do I want it to be something bright and tropical in nature like orange pink and lime green with a dash of white or do I want to go with burgundy, a deeper tone of green and khaki? Hm mm Maybe I could do both, one for the daytime and the other for the evening when we go out to dinner. But I want a picture of me in the bright colors for the layout.

Now on to thinking about other things...Am I happy where I am at this stage in my life? Yes of course I am. I've got a husband and children who love me, I live in a comfortable home and I truly lack for nothing. I have wonderful friends and a faith in the Lord that is unwavering. I truly do thank the Lord for everything that I have and the person I have become.

No comments: