INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Honey -Do list

Most women have that never ending list of things for their husbands to do. I call mine the "Honey-Do list". Trust me it seems to never have an end since we moved into this house. So today I took it upon myself to "do" a few things on the list myself.

I went to Lowe's and bought another chrome shelf and put it together with the help of my kids. Alright so Andrew was much more of a help than Hannah was with that project. You should see that new shelf and how good it looks in my scrapbook nook Ü. I put the smaller one in the closet for storage of board games and some other odds and ends from my scrapbook nook.

Now for the real kicker- I bought some relatively inexpensive vinyl flooring for the space that is underneath of the stairs/entry way. It's a large area 9' 8" in by 9' 4"...not too shabby of a storage space if you ask me! I had to by the vinyl in a 10'x12' section, ugh! Had the kids help me drag it in the house and down the stairs. I got it cut and installed BEFORE the hubby came home from work. I feel immensely proud of myself for getting this done today!

While at Lowe's I came across some seriously terrific buys! I've been wanting a roman style shade for the window in the kitchen and today I found one and guess what it was brand new in box marked down from $40.00 to $5.00! Then there's my other great buy, Waverly drapery panels, regularly $40.00 each marked all the way down to $2.00! I like the print so I bought 2 of them! Heck for that price I can cut them into valances and not care! I can't find Waverly fabric by the yard that cheap and here I have sewn long floor length panels, woohoo! I also broke down and bought curtain rods today, no more searching for them in the garage!

No comments: