INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Blog Surfing...do you do it?

I have to crack up at some of the blogs that I've read recently. One I read today hasn't been updated in nearly a year but she caught my attention with things that she said. Full of sarcasm and witt plus it's all scrapbooking related stuff... it was a crack up! I wholeheartedly agree with most of the stuff she said and the rest...well it made me laugh! Here's something to think about (something that I got from that blog)...it's true, you never do see large people/kids in scrapbook layouts published in any of the scrapbooking magazines. You know, that's something that I never thought about before ...but I sure am thinking about it now! It's a valid point she made and the other thing (which had me laughing) were her comments about ugly kids- don't see them in published scrapbook magazines either. This woman pulled out all of the stops and went for the throat of the scrapbooking magazine editors, I loved it! There were many other comments about things in the scrapbooking world/industry that had me laughing pretty hard.

So is essence it's about this...what is beauty? Who are they (magazines) to say that overweight children or people in general are not beautiful? Who is to say that we wouldn't want to see a layout done with pictures of overweight individuals? I think it's wrong to assume that everyone in the scrapbooking world is skinny. We all are God's children, made in his image right? It's just something to think about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK you caught me I was blog surfing! My wife blogs, so after reading her latest post I am addicted in hitting "next blog" just to see where it goes. And goes, And goes.........anyway very funny post on your part. You might be interested in her blog.....
www.belknapkids.blogspot.com
She is a scrapbooker also:0)

Sandie said...

Okay I popped into your wife's blog and I LOVE IT! Thanks for posting a comment you've made me smile and laugh out loud (now my kids really do think that their mother is insane).