INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, June 30, 2007

It's good to be back home!

There is something to be said about sleeping in your own bed. Nothing is as comfortable as your own bed or your own pillows for that matter! Everywhere we were the beds were hard as rocks and the pillows were lumpy, ugh! So yes, all 4 of us are glad to be back in our home and sleeping in our own beds.

Now on to the good stuff...we have 3 beautiful trees in our front yard AND a lovely wooden fence. Granted the yard work has not been started, but I feel that the landscaper and his crew will get on that shortly.

More house scoop...the black granite sink that I purchased with my garage sale proceeds before I left for vacation is being installed today Ü Oh how I LOVE my hubby! He's been working hard around here, he got the cabinet doors stained and 3 acrylic coats put on the doors too! I'm going to have to post some pictures of his handiwork, Yes I do realize that I am rather lucky in having a husband that loves to do home improvement projects.

Laundry, laundry, laundry I think that my middle name is Laundry. Four loads and I'm still going strong on getting the laundry washed, dried, folded and put away. I've got the guest bathroom cleaned and I even took pictures of it (need them for a scrapbook layout I've got planned).

Now to put away the items and drag away the boxes from the things that I shipped to myself while on vacation. I did shop, some were new items and some were things from my childhood home. Things like the Turkey Platter that my mother used from every Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner for as long as I can remember. I found out on this visit home that it had once belonged to my great-grandmother on my father's side of the family- now that is what I would call a family heirloom. Or the Carnival Glass bowls, one always and I mean always held these bright green colored granny smith apple flavored hard candies the other much larger bowl always had fruit in it, be it apples, bananas or oranges. It's items like that that I remember always being a part of the house, one in the living room on the cocktail/coffee table and the other in the middle of the dining table. Yup, I need to find a new home for my treasures.

No comments: