INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, June 01, 2007

Breathing a sigh of relief!

Spending 10 hours in ones scrapbook nook working on a project that gave me nothing but stress and finally being done with it...priceless! I am so glad that it's done and has been given away! Now I feel as if I can breathe again, at least for a little while.

The kids are thrilled that I bought food, I had them out it away (now where did they hide my York Peppermint Patties?). It's still rainy and dreary. I went to a change of command ceremony (We have a new base commander and first lady)this morning and during the ceremony the rain was pouring out of the sky in buckets. I was VERY glad that I had an up close parking spot, no trudging through the rain for me! The ceremony was touching as both Colonels had nice things to say about the support of their families with their careers in the military. I hope that the new base commander and his wife find this area enjoyable.

I'm going to take the weekend off and just relax. I'm really wanting to take a nap as I can hardly keep my eyes open right now. But alas...I have a pot of chili cooking on the stove. There's nothing like a bowl of my all veggie chili with cheese and some corn chips on a dreary rainy day! I'm all about comfort food on days like these.

No comments: