INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm back home...almost

I'm back, well almost...

Our visit with my mom out in California went well. I'm happy to report that the care facility where my Dad currently resides is lovely! The staff is wonderful and the place is charming! I can't believe the feeling that I got from the place, it felt like a real home. The residents all respect one another and the staff is top notch. It's a quiet peaceful place with a beautiful backyard for the resident to walk in and relax in. My Dad's room has a sliding glass door that opens up the back porch and the view is of the flower garden. We had only one episode where he did not recognize us, yes it was heart breaking but with his condition it's to be expected. The good thing is that we were able to leave on a happy note with my Dad recognizing us and knowing who we are.

We're taking a few days of R&R here in Denver. Today took us to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science- there's a special exhibit on the Titanic and of course we went! We plan on going to the Zoo and the US Mint before leaving to go back home to our house in South Dakota.

No comments: