INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, July 12, 2007

2 peas blog challenge 7-12-07

Today's Challenge~ So you have something special that has been pasted down in your family? Let's share what it is and the meaning to you.

For me (from my father's side of the family) it's Turkey Platter. On my recent visit home to visit my Mom in California I brought back (okay so I had it shipped) this Turkey Platter.




This Turkey platter was first owned by my paternal Great-grandmother, handed down to my paternal grandmother, then to my mom and now to me. Every holiday and I do mean every holiday where turkey was served THIS platter was used. Throughout my entire childhood and even in my adulthood this platter is strongly embedded in my memories. To me it represents a time when our family gathered together to give thanks for what we have. So when my Mom asked if I'd like to have the Turkey Platter you better believe that I took her up on the offer. I'm big into sentimentality.

On my Mother's side of the family it's 2 different pictures- first it's this inlaid wooden picture. My maternal grandfather (my mom's dad) got this when he was a young boy, it's done with different kinds of wood. The second is my grandparents wedding picture.

On my husbands side of the family- there are the paintings that his grandmother had done. I think that we own the majority of her artwork as that no one else thought that they were paintings of any sort of quality...Hello just because it's not a famous name on the bottom of the painting doesn't mean that they don't hold any sort of worth or value. What a true treasure to have...something like this is worth it's weight in gold in the sentimental value department.

No comments: