INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Scrapbooking in the "Nook"

my 2 Peas blog challenge for Sunday ...
Every time I have walked into My Scrapbook Nook this week I start putting things away. I have let stuff pile up quite a bit and it really shows. I'm just one of those people that can not work in a messy environment. I seriously con not function in a creative manner when surrounded by mess and disorder. So today I am making myself put the rest of my scrapbooking stuff that is spread all over the place...away! Then I will print off some pictures, put the finishing touches to a project that truly does need to get finished up and put in the mail.

I miss having friends over to scrap with. I'm thinking about starting up a new round of scrapbook group very soon. Our scrapbook group is taking a break for the summer because we all have kids and they are into everything...soccer, swimming, baseball, tennis and gymnastics. Okay so that's more like everyone else's children and not mine, LOL! I "make" mine go to the base pool for a few hours on a near daily basis. The other part is that 2 of our members moved away to new assignments and now there's only 3 of us left. It's hard to get the ladies together in the summer months because of vacations and well other obligations (having kids in sports activities and such). But dang it if I'm not missing spending time with my girlfriends from our scrapbook group! I LOVED making a special lunch for us all and just hanging out talking about pictures we took and placed we've been. So why am I missing it so much?It was just an afternoon spent in the company of good friends. Hmmm, there's that bonding thing, spending quality time with girlfriends, sharing good food and experiencing much laughter. Sheesh! With all that, it's no wonder why I'm missing it so much!

1 comment:

mum-on-the-run said...

Hope you manage to arrane a new group, it's souds fun!!