INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, July 14, 2007

symptoms of depression...

As I admit that I feel in a slump of sorts I wonder if I'm feeling depressed. Lets face it, many of my girlfriends either moved away or are in the process of moving away, my recent trip to CA and seeing my parents and their health related issues, and there's us being stationed here at least another 3 years. Don't get me wrong, I think that buying this house was a good thing but knowing that we're pouring ourselves into yet another new house that we don't get to keep is bittersweet.

I think that June sucked away my mojo and July is keeping it at bay. I need to get back into the swing of things... I need to get back in and finish clearing out the garage. Our permanent storage shipment is to arrive next week (eek) and I want to have a place to store the empty boxes and items that we're going to be donating. That would be 2 full crates of household goods that we have not seen in 3¾ years. I wonder...will we even want most of that stuff after we open the boxes and see the furniture? I hope and pray that they're all still in good condition. I suppose that I should get the guest room/home office ready for the additional furniture pieces, I hope and pray that the mattresses for the trundle bed aren't infested with bugs or rodents (I've heard some awful stories over the years about items being in storage for that long).

I bought some fabric yesterday to make some pillow cases for my daughter. She adores frogs and I thought that this would be a fun mother & daughter project. Maybe this will help to get me out of my slump.

3 comments:

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Sending hugs your way....hope you get the packing done soon & all is usable. I know your pain. We had stuff in storage for years & when we bought the house & emptied the storage we threw out major amount of it saying things such as "What did I save this for?". Hang in there. Please tell your hubby I said "Thank you for your service" & I also say that to you. Have a great weekend.

Maureen said...

Sorry to hear your feelin kinda depressed. HUGS

Sandie said...

Thanks for your well wishes Ü It's rough being a creative person and feeling bummed out. Now I have found something over on 2 peas that is inspiring me to scrap (and not for myself either) PLUS I made a half dozen or so birthday cards today with my latest Prima Flower purchase.