INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Be all you can be!

Have you thought about being involved in your community? I've never been politically motivated but more civic minded. I'm always one looking to do or make things better in my little neck of the woods. With that very thing in mind, today I became the president of our Home Owners Association. I have good ideas that I hope to get our community involved in. To be just that...a community that wants to get together with others that live here in our little subdivision. To get to know who we live next to, to watch out for one another and to know when there are strangers in our neighborhood. One of the things I plan on getting our neighborhood together on is a neighborhood watch program.

So the first thing that I'm doing is to get us a contract with a sanitation company that wants our business and is willing to meet the needs of a growing community. Monday I will be calling the representatives from the 3 sanitation companies and go over some things with them and have them send me a new proposal. I will then include that information in a letter and send it to each and every home owner in our subdivision. Well vote on it and get it into play. The sooner we get it done the sooner we can get on to other topics at hand. I've also got a couple of great people to take on the positions of VP and secretary/treasurer. We're going to be starting up a welcoming committee and I'm going to make a huge effort to great all of the new neighbors just moving into in our subdivision and I'd love to be able to meet the ones that have been here a while too!

Yup, I'm going to be plenty busy this coming year that's for sure!

No comments: