INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Mother is in my head...

Going through all of the boxes of "stuff" that has been in permanent storage for almost 4 years is bringing back a flood of memories. And on top of that add in the fact that I recently went to CA for a visit to see my parents. My Mom of whom is the Queen of all pack-rats. It's not that she's really a bad pack-rat or that she has a boat load of items hanging around the house...it's just that she keeps the oddest things...old Avon perfume bottles she waves one at me "ooh Sandie these are collectibles and they're worth some money" my reply "yeah Mom...only to those that collect them..." Insert an eye roll with that comment. Or old Barbie dolls(some of which I had scalped or gave horrible hair cuts to when I was about 8 years old) and my Mom dares to tell me that those things are worth something...get real! So here I am going through a box of old freaky hair Barbie Dolls and I'm laughing at myself because I actually contemplated keeping some of them...why on earth would I do that? Because I can hear my Mother speaking to me in my head that's why! Ooh Sandie keep those Barbies, your Grand Daughters will want to play with them. Um Mom...I hate to inform you but Hannah is only 12 and Andrew 15, there aren't going to be any Grand Children for at least another 20 or so years. By then those Barbies will be dust! So with that very thought in mind all of those weird looking dolls with bad hair cuts are outta here! I think that I will take some pictures of them before I take them to the doll grave yard. I want to take a picture of these ugly things are journal about what I wrote here...how my Mom was telling me that they are worth some money, it makes me laugh just thinking about it.

So what memories are you scrapbooking today?

No comments: