INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Fireworks at Mount Rushmore

I'm always a little hesitant of going somewhere that is going to have large crowds...what do I consider large? Over ten thousand people would be a good start. I worry about the traffic, folks getting impatient to get home and with that comes a certain degree of recklessness.
So here is the first picture I took of the evening, it is of Mount Rushmore. I see this place as an amazing piece of art work and determination. You don't really appreciate the size of the presidents until you actually see them in person. Creating this magnificent piece of American history out of the sides of these huge rock formations was no easy task and yet it was done. Please check out this website http://www.travelsd.com/placestogo/rushmore/ for more information on Mount Rushmore and other sight seeing attractions in the Black Hills area.
So to get on with my story...the crowds were large but manageable, the parking situation kept in control. We were in the parking garage (we had a parking pass) and our wait was only a hour...which by the way was a lot less than the 3 to 4 hour wait we were expecting. All in all it was a great experience and I highly recommend it to any and everyone!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Very cool! I'd like to see that in person one day.

Sandie said...

there are many great places to visit throughout the United States and I'm proud to say that I've seen a great many...not all but a great many of them. Here in South Dakota there is Crazy Horse, Custer State Park, Badlands National Park and those are just for starters!