INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, July 19, 2007

I wonder about people...

There's so much going on around me that I wonder about. Take the recent deaths of a couple who were duel military. They have been stationed here only 3 weeks. Their deaths are still under investigation and there is a lot of speculation going on to it being a double murder or a murder suicide. It troubles me to no end that someone can be so unhappy to kill themselves but worse yet to kill their spouse or children? I'm one of those very curious people...having to know all of the details into the human psyche as to why people do things. I suppose we'll never really know why anyone does anything so horrible but I can't help but wonder.

Then there's this neighbor of ours...let me just say that I've never seen a worse case of "keeping up with the Jones' in my life! I have to roll my eyes when I think of this couple. A good friend and neighbor told me when we first moved into our new home to observe this couple. I laugh at the antics of this woman and her husband. It's all about keeping up appearances with those two. If they see you having something that makes them not to have the latest and greatest, well then they are off to go out and buy one for themselves.

The first thing this woman did was to buy a new stainless steel grill like ours. I didn't think much of it at first as a grill is a grill and if you need a new one well you need a new one. But when I overheard her talking to her husband about it I had to laugh. She saw ours and suddenly her black grill was no longer any good. Now if you want to talk about needing a new grill here you go... our black grill was on it's last legs! First off it was 7 years old, the handle that you use to lift the grill top up was broken in half, we've had to replace the burner elements inside of it, replaced the grill racks twice and lets face it the side burner was rusted out and I wasn't going to sink any more money into it.

Good friends of ours who live in the neighborhood recently had their deck extended, a 2nd set of stairs was added (one set goes down to the grass area of their yard and another set goes down to the concrete patio) they've also changed the railings- WOW it looks very nice! Talk about adding greatly to the future resale value of their beautiful home. Now this other neighbor is badgering her husband about getting their deck added on to and how she wants one just like our friends' deck. I feel that it's just a matter of time until she calls the landscaper and has him add on to their yard with concrete curbing around their trees and the addition of flower beds. I see this couple digging themselves into a financial hole that they won't be able to get out off all because they crave attention, to cut it short they want to be the envy of the neighborhood. The man has already ruined his lawn by cutting it twice a week during the hottest time of the year in the desire of having the best manicured lawn in the neighborhood. When it's this hot (in the 90's to 100's) you need to let your grass grow longer, to the 3 to 4 inch range. And I heard from another friend in our neighborhood that the "keeping up appearances neighbor" was complaining to him about his water bill being so high and that he has altogether stopped watering his lawn...oh my gosh what an idiot! Well if the guy would stop scalping his lawn and let it grow he wouldn't have those huge brown spots in his yard! I shake my head and wonder about this couple.

No comments: