INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, July 12, 2007

another day of landscaping work...

I know that one day it will be done and we will have a lovely yard to go along with our beautiful home I just wish that it would go faster! The backyard is looking good, it no longer looks as if we've attempted to fence in South Fork Ranch but rather a more manageable sized backyard. The black diamond edging and rock border along the fence line makes it appear to be smaller, which in our case is a good thing. The garden area in our backyard is a manageable size as well. The landscaper wanted to give me this huge garden area that was the entire length of the backyard. All I have to say is- HELLO I'm not growing crops, I'm growing FLOWERS! Sheesh! Why did my husband and I go through the trouble of measuring and charting out exact square footage and placement of items when no one listens to us? The fence is larger than we wanted it to be and the guy had a copy of our what? Our exact measurements and fence/gate placements. Still the gates were not where we wanted them PLUS the fence is much larger that we wanted it so in turn that means more costs for the landscaping as to rock boarder, concrete curbing, sod and of course more sprinkler heads, UGH! But apparently with both of these older gentlemen they are old school...meaning that they're going to give us what they think we need versus what we told them we want. On Monday I was so fed up with the landscaper that I woke my poor husband up (who had worked all night) and had him deal with the guy. If I had to deal with him any more I would have bonked him upside his head with a brick and kicked his sorry ass to the curb!
Men can really tick me off when they think that they know more about things than women do, especially when it's things concerning MY HOUSE! I'm here to tell you than women and especially military wives aren't about to be walked all over by men who think that they know better in regards to what we need versus what we want when it comes to our homes. HELLO we do more time on station that our husbands do, so you men out there better listen up! When we say we want something done a certain way you better do it the way we want it!

My husband and I have this rule...he buys the cars and I buy the houses. He makes sure that we're safe on the road and I'm the one who makes sure that we're comfortable at home. Between the two of us I think that we do pretty well at taking care of our family.

No comments: