INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, July 06, 2007

working around the house

We've let things go a little this past week. Since returning from our little vacation of sorts we've not done much other than to was a load or two of "needed at the moment items" and wash dishes. So I decided that today we're going to tidy up a bit. I had no idea of the size of the Mount Washmore that awaits me. Lets just say that the laundry has piled up to twice the size I thought it was. Once the kids started picking up their dirty clothes from the floor each one has at least 2 hampers worth of items that need to be washed. Add that to the towels that they've been carting off with to the base pool, and the 2 changes of clothes that everyone but myself seems to think that they need on a daily basis and in that right there is the real reason as to why I have such a massive amount of laundry to wash, hence my calling it Mount Washmore.

I'm having the kids do some manual labor around the house, vacuuming, mopping floors, scrubbing bathtubs etc. Why should I have to do all of this work if I'm not the one making everything so grimy? Not to mention that they need to get off of their lazy hineys and help around the house. I know that Andrew helps quite a bit with the yard work but hey! We do not have a "yard" right now beyond the dirt I like to call Death Valley. LOL!

The only time I've been into my scrapbook nook is to put something on the counter top. I need to get in there and tidy up some stuff and make myself do some layouts. I'll get myself in there some time in the next week. I just want to get my house back in order before my head explodes.

3 comments:

Angieabk said...

Sandie,

Found your blog as I was "touring" blogspot--new to it. Got a big kick out it. You and I have a lot in common--I LOVE to scrap. As a matter of fact, becuase I've been scrapping so much in the last few days I have a "Mount Rushmore" of my own going on.

Also, I was born in SD as my dad was stationed there too. Air Force MP for many years.

I got a big tickle out of your pictures of Mount Rushmore.

Looking forward to coming back and hearing about your adventures in "our" hometown!

Angie K

Heather said...

I feel your pain! Our house is a mess, and I *have* to get it in some kind of order before letting myself do any scrapping. We also need to finish our new flooring we started forever ago. Maybe we can all accomplish lots this weekend so we can scrap next week w/o feeling too guilty! :)

Sandie said...

Sounds like we all need to get together and compare notes on our Honey Do lists.