INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, July 26, 2007

After the rain...

Last nights rain storm was more like a torrential down pour rather than a gentle summer rain. Just 4 houses up from us the street is covered in dirt/top soil that has washed away from someones yard. The flower garden area in our backyard has deep ruts running though it from the down pour we experienced in the middle of the night. It was a scary storm, howling wind and the rain was just pounding against the house.
The storm has left us with cooler temperatures and a great deal of humidity. So much humidity that I feel as if I'm back in Virginia. It's just nasty sticky, it's not comfortable to go outside. I popped outside once and I went back inside immedieatly. I just checked the humidity level...it's at 78%, yuck! What a great day to get some stuff done around the house where it's cool and free of humidity levels that make it hard to breathe.

No comments: