INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, August 09, 2008

And it's over...

It's obvious by the very loud and continuous amount of noise coming from the highway that the Sturgis Bike Rally is over. To be perfectly honest, noise from the highway is never this loud. It's funny how the majority of those on motorcycles all leave during the same 2 day period. The noise started around 5 am and that means that people had to start leaving leaving the Spearfish/Deadwood/Lead/Sturgis area around 4 am-ugh! I hope that the roads are safer to drive on by Monday, I've only gone out once this week and that was to the local Post Office which is about 3 miles from my house. If it wasn't for the fact that I really needed to get some packages shipped out, I would not have gone out at all this week. I've had NO desire to be out and about with so many tourists on motorcycles darting here and there through traffic. I was on edge every time my boy set out in his car to visit one of his friends.

No comments: