INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, August 29, 2008

A Clean Home is a Happy Home

...Okay so for me that's true,since I don't know how anyone else feels on the subject, but it's true for me. Yes, I do happen to know of 4 different women of my acquaintance that are quiet content to sit in the middle of a chaotic mess and read a book, or work on some sort of crafting project. Oh my gosh, when things aren't where they're supposed to be, I think that I start to develop some sort of a twitch and then I have to get up and start organizing and cleaning.

Now sometime between your teenage messy years and becoming an adult this sort of messy behaviour changes, okay for most of us anyway. So here I am scrubbing and cleaning away and my children are looking at me like I'm from Mars. "Mom, why are you cleaning it? it's only going to get dirty again"- "IT" being the bathroom. I shake my head in disbelief at times on the kinds of things my children comment on. Germs, bacteria and then general stinky smell compel me to disinfect and scrub down the bathrooms- if teenagers only realized how bad they smell at the end of the day, LOL!

Here's another funny thing- why is it that kids are happy to have sheets on their beds until they are crunchy from sweat? I'm seriously grossed out with this! It's Friday and I'm finally getting around to changing the sheets on my kids beds- I feel like such a slouch for not getting this done earlier in the week. But alas having a baby here ALL day long 5 days a week makes it nearly impossible to get everything done that you want to get done. And lets face it, things start to get put on the back burner and my kids aren't helping me as much around the house as I'd like them to. I'm tired of having to get on them about cleaning things so I do it myself. I was such a neat freak as a kid/teen and I'm surprised that my kids aren't even a little bit like me in that regard. I'm now beginning to think that my husband was a slob as a teenager, LOL!

I'm going to take before and after pictures of their bedrooms and show it to them...maybe this will wake them up.

No comments: