INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Clothes shopping weekend- ugh!

Here it is the weekend- WOW the week went by rather quickly! Last night when talking to my son (we were talking about the fact that school starts next week) he told me that summer vacation is not long enough (don't we all think that when we were kids?). I let him know that 3 months is plenty of time to get over whatever trauma he thinks that his teachers did to him during the school year, LOL!

So that leaves me shopping for school clothes with my kids this weekend- ugh! I used to love shopping for school clothes for my children- that was before it became "uncool" to have your Mom picking out your clothes. So Lucien started taking them out for the Back to School stuff and by November/December time frame our kids were wanting "me" their Mom to pick them out jeans and sweaters. Same goes in the spring, it's me then too but then it switches back to the kids wanting to shop with their Dad for their summer clothes- go figure, LOL! I've done it before- brought my camera on one of these shopping expeditions and documented our outing. I've even made a detailed layout about one of our trips- including the pitching a fit scenes of things too tight, too loose or too itchy (I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my face). Now why haven't I shared this layout? Only because my daughter would have a royal cow is I ever posted it to the internet and to preserve our family harmony I have kept it private :-)

But it's things like this that make for great scrapbooking pages- personal ones that you would only share with the person you made the layout about. It's these kinds of personal feelings that should fill your journaling- this is what makes a scrapbook a more than just a lovely coffee table book, it makes it an heirloom. Many years from now when future generations of our family look back through the pages of the many volumes of albums, I hope that they get a good idea of who I was and who my children were when they were younger. I hope that they get to know us through pictures and the journaling- the memories shared will last a lifetime!

Now for me to get it together, to have some more coffee and pour over the sales fliers in today's news paper-wish me luck!

No comments: