INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Breast Cancer

These days it seems as if we all know at least 1 person who has been affected by Breast Cancer. Five years ago this month my friend Tonya Waters died from breast cancer, she was a mother of 2 small children, she was 30 years old. My friend Robin Houdek is a breast cancer survivor but I've heard through the grape vine that her cancer might be back- I'm still waiting to hear how she is doing. And now I've recently learned that my Mother's best friend and next door neighbor Belinda Beckman has breast cancer and is scheduled for a double mastectomy in the next 2 weeks. Belinda is really frightened, she's had so many other health related problems over the years and this has her through the roof. Please keep her in your prayers.

I can't begin to say this enough...get a mammogram! Early detection is the key to a longer life! I'm calling on Monday and am scheduling mine!

This also reminds me that I need to start planning my Breast Cancer Awareness Benefit for October☺

No comments: