INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, August 23, 2008

consumer fraud

It took 8 weeks for the replacement of the stone on my wedding ring but now it's back on my hand. The unfortunate part is that I have to take it back as Zales put the wrong stone in my setting. The gem stone they replaced mine with is not of the same GIA standard that I sent out with (even with the chip). Actually, I find myself rather peeved about this entire situation. This should have been checked on many levels before it was given back to me. They (Zales) as according to the replacement insurance policy) was supposed to replace the stone with one of the same quality levels but instead they replaced it with one of a much lesser quality. I know for some a diamond is a diamond so what's the big deal. Read this on the 4 C's of diamonds from the GIA (Gemological Institute of America) which will explain a lot more. When you pay for an F quality which is a colorless stone and get an "I" quality which is at the tail end of near colorless scale and in all reality is obviously more yellow than an "F" quality stone well you'd be peeved too. Then there's the clarity, another part where I was given something of much lesser value than what I had brought in, taking in an SI1 and getting in exchange an I2- well that is just not right! My question is this- how many times does something like this go on and the consumer doesn't look at their paper work and takes in on trust or worse the consumer knows they were ripped buff but for whatever reason doesn't say or do anything about it? I'm not one of those consumers that's about to let the big names take advantage of me- I want what I paid for and that's all there is to it. Now another question is this- How long will this take? It took 2 months for the stone replacement the first time around- how long will it take for them to give me the correct stone? Another 2 months perhaps? I'm NOT happy with this situation AT ALL! You know what pissed me off, it was how I was treated when picking up my ring- how the store manager tried to make me feel that I needed to be grateful to her for doing this stone replacement -"Um, hello that's what insurance is all about" and then how she went on and on trying to talk me into buying buying $1,200 diamond earrings telling me to "just charge it, your husband will never know". OMG what a manipulator! Do other people fall for this sort of thing? Sheeesh! I just want the quality of stone that my husband bought for me oh so many years ago- is that such a wrong thing to ask for? I don't think it is.

No comments: