INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Globe-trotting lawn gnome returns home

I subscribe to a variety of news sources and one of my favorites is Bizarre News. I LOVE this story and I hope that you will too!

--------- Globe-trotting lawn gnome arrives home ----------

GLOUCESTER, England - An English couple said a 10-inch
gnome statue that disappeared from their home has returned
with photos of its travels in 12 countries. Eve and Derrick
Stuart-Kelso of Gloucester said they assumed the 8-pound
leprechaun with a green hat had been stolen 11 months ago
by college students and would never be seen again. To their
surprise, the missing lawn ornament reappeared on their
doorstep Thursday with pictures showing it in front of the
Sydney Opera House in Australia, swimming in the Great
Barrier Reef, atop a glacier in New Zealand, touring the
ruins of Cambodia's Angkor Wat temple and visiting other
exotic locations, the Daily Mail reported. The photo album
was accompanied by a note that claimed to be from the gnome
explaining its world tour was a result of "itchy feet."
"I came to the conclusion that the world is a big place
and there is more to life than watching the daily commuter
traffic, and allowing passing cats to urinate on you," the
note said. "So I decided to free myself from the doldrums
of the shire and seek adventure. My travels have taken me
across three continents, 12 countries and more time zones
than I can possibly remember."

No comments: