INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Menopause- is it happening to me?

As I read my friend Gina's blog and know what she's been going through, I've come to realize that life is a bit ironic at times. Here I am having some similar issues with my own body, having a period that is now on it's 3rd week, yes I'd say that it's time to call my doctor and make an appointment to be seen.

I've looked up and read extensively on the signs of menopause- Menopause I can't believe that I'm talking about it on my blog. Since there aren't any females relatives for me to talk to about this- my mom had a hysterectomy at 42 and so did my mother-in-law, so they're no good for answering my questions. It's off to the internet -I went in hopes of finding answers for my questions. Well now I'm left with a handful of answers and I know that I need to talk with my doctor who will in turn send me to a gynecologist (or at least I hope that he will). The Chronic Fatigue that I've been experiencing these past few months, yup it's just another one of the 30+ signs of menopause that I've been experiencing- nice huh? Hot Flashes- heck I've been experiencing them for a solid 8 years, nothing new there, LOL! But I've also been experiencing the brittle nails and there are also a few other signs that I have but I won't bother to go into detail , LOL!

Now if anyone who is reading my blog has any information that they think would be helpful please post it me a note on my blogs comment section!

No comments: