INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, August 03, 2008

A wonderful evening!

The dinner honoring Colonel Alexander was wonderful! The tributes and the roast had me crying and laughing at the same time. What a wonderful send off for such a great military leader and friend.

While at the dinner my husband and I had the opportunity to sit near people-that we did not know. You know me, I saw it as a chance to make new friends. Lisa is the spouses name and they've been at the base for a year. First thing I asked is if she planned on joining OSC- yet another spouse of a military member letting me know right off the bat that "OSC is not her thing". Okay by me but personally I think that she's losing out on making new friends and opportunities to broaden her social network - especially if her husband is suddenly deployed. I found her to be interesting and would like the opportunity to get to know her better.

I got to see some friends at this dinner that I have not seen since before my foot surgery in May. I was happy to see them and to catch up on what's been going on in their lives.

No comments: