INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Feeling Blessed

I feels God's blessing every single day. Yesterday was a great example.

I talked with a girlfriend in the morning -a military spouse who I've know for what seems like forever. I wish that we both had time for more lengthy conversations but we both grab the few minutes here and there that we can.

I spent 3½ hours at the spa yesterday- it was wonderful! Getting a facial is something every woman needs to try once in her lifetime. What an experience!!! I could not believe how relaxed I felt after it was done, I couldn't tell you which was better, the massage or the facial, both were that good! Manicure and pedicure- again it's an indulgence , but one that every woman needs to try at least once. I've got foot prob elms, we all know that- after getting a pedicure my feet look and feel great! I got myself a french manicure and love it! Talk about making my stubby fingernails look terrific! I felt so good leaving the day spa that I could have come home to a totally trashed house and I wouldn't have cared! Yes, my time at the day sap was that good, LOL!

I dropped my quilts off at the civic center and today I'll be volunteering with the quilters guild to get the quilts hung up. I'm bringing my camera because it's going to be something that others will want to see that's for sure! A behind the scenes look so to speak. It's such a blessing to be involved in a group that does so much good for a community.

Dinner with my children was great! We sat and talked about all kinds of topics, all of which made us laugh. I'm continually amazed at the progress that my son has made at accepting the fact that we (his father and I) will not let him stay here while we move to England. He was really giving us some serious grief over this issue and it all seems to have faded away into oblivion (I hope that it remains that way). Our daughter has always accepted the move, it was the two of us (me and Hannah) that suggested to my husband that he apply/try for an assignment to the UK in the first place last August. Talk about God listening to prayers :-) And here we are, just a couple of weeks out from being packed up and getting on an airplane.

Today is another day that I have been given to do with what I like. I can't begin to tell you how refreshing it is not to have demands put upon me that stress me out! Indeed, this is another blessing from the Lord!

No comments: