INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I need to vent about the movers today

Alright I've got to say something before I explode...

The 3 moving guys that have been here these past 2 days have been great...then there was today. A couple more guys were called on to pack up our house. Next thing I know, things are being broken, no apologies just "where's the shop vac ma'am?" One guy broke an Ott lamp light bulb a large $35 one in my bedroom on the floor (by my side of the bed no less). Glass shards are EVERYWHERE -still! What did he say? "oh, I thought I got it all"- still no apology for breaking it. Talk about doing a crap clean up job, my kids could have done a better job in the dark than this guy did with the lights on and the blinds open in full daylight!


This same dork also stuffed my dresser drawers full of items that I specifically told him that I wanted packed into boxes. To say I was angry is an understatement. I opened one drawer in my husband’s chest of drawers and found all kinds of other items...decorator pillows, pictures in frames, clothes hangers and more. I'd like to know what the Hell is going on these days with the moving companies? Are they not training these guys or what? I go into the kitchen and things we had tagged "don't pack" have been packed. No pot holders, no spatula, no knives...we're freaking lucky we had the 4 bread plates to eat off of and 4 cups to drink out of. If my husband hadn't of had those items in the dishwasher we probably wouldn't have had anything. Heaven knows we didn't have any paper towels because the guy packed them away too! AUGGHHHH!!!! I'd have a glass of wine and try to relax, but he packed away my corkscrew and my wine glasses! I think there's a vein throbbing on the side of my head.

These guys came with ratty used boxes to pack up our household goods...boxes that should have been in the recycle bin if you ask me. I understand about making a buck or two but come on, the military pays top dollar for these clowns to come pack up our lives and everything we own and hold dear to us and move them across the USA or to another country. I'm here shaking my head (and a fist) in anger and I’m ready to beat someone with a stick and at the moment it's an old man named Ray. Grrr! The guys don't give a rats ass about your stuff, all they want is their daily wage. Well I've got news for them...it's called 100% replacement value for anything that is damaged, and trust I'm filing a claim!

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh and it was going well. Am so sorry for your need to vent. Get that claim and a letter explaining how disappointing the lack of attention to your life's things has been and that'll make you feel much better.