INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

my poor kitty

I'm rather miffed right now- you see, my cat has to do some time in the kitty jail AKA the Quarantine Kennel. Apparently my vet back in South Dakota got the dates wrong, quarantine time starts the day the blood is drawn for the rabies titer test- NOT the day that the rabies vaccine was given. So now Kitty has to stay 9 days in a boarding facility that also houses animals doing quarantine time that are coming in from other countries. I am less than pleased with how this all turned out. Here we were getting ready to drive to London to get my beloved furry child and Bam! I'm told that I can't pick her up and that she has to do 9 days in the kitty jail- I'm just sick about this!

Now after all of my calling around, I find out that there are no quarantine kennels in our area, not even in our county! Talk about an all around sad situation for us and our cat. She'll be in a kennel I don't have my UK license (yet) and I wouldn't feel comfortable driving that far away yet- even with a GPS. I feel awful about this entire situation.

4 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh that's a horrid hiccup and unsettling for you both. Hope the 9 days fly by and your reunion will be even sweeter. We've seen TV programmes about the Quaratine Centre attached to the airport - the staff are animal crazy, utterly devoted; hope kitty won't be too cross with you!

Sarah said...

Sandie,
that is just horrible. i'm so sorry after all you did to get her there too! I hope you'll get her back soon.
Keep the faith girlfriend.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully all will go well and Welcome :) Sorry the house is so small but hopefully you'll be so busy on adventures it will just be a resting place.

Cheers,

Stamping Ideas With Peg said...

So glad you made it over there safely! That is what counts!