INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Moving Day #2

Here we are at day #2 of the move.

This morning I'll be taking my beloved kitty to her 2nd to last appointment with her veterinarian. Today is for her health certificate that gets sent over night to the USDA and back again the same way. I love the place where we go, my kitty's appointment is at 7am, perfect! It gets me in and out of there first thing so the vet's off can get the paper work shipped out first thing and I can also get back before the packing folks arrive for round #2 of packing up everything we own.

To say I'm tired and overwhelmed is an understatement. I try to be as organized as I most possibly can but that doesn't prepare you for the wave of emotions that sweeps over you when you see everything you own being packed up into boxes, hoping that everything makes it there in one piece. I have doubts about the big screen TV being in one piece when we get back State side in 3 years, but that's not really at the top of my concern list right now.

Crate #1- all of the things I'll need but really won't be able to get until some time in August. Can you say pack everything in my Kitchen? Pack everything in my closet? Pack everything in my husband and children's closets? I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with it all. I'm sure the feeling will pass as soon as the moving guys step into the house. It's just that I'm full of second guessing myself right now, trying to figure out what items we'll need and when we'll need them. It's especially hard when you don't know how to predict the weather, especially when we're moving so many thousands of miles away and to another country too! I figure that we'll all need to buy ourselves some lightweight jackets after we get there.


I'm going back to bed for an hour...then to start my day for real this time.

2 comments:

Scrapsnbaskets said...

Sandy I am thinking good thoughts for a smooth day today. Prayer for safe travels too. What a blessing that your hubby is back to help!

Sarah said...

Stay safe and have fun while you do it.LOL So glad that DH is back to help.
I know how exhausting it is to move, blessings on your move. I'll miss you.