INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, June 07, 2009

last things...

There's something to be said about things that one does that are the "last" of something.

*I'm going to miss the wonderful ladies that make up the Black Hills Quilters Guild. They are some of the nicest women you will ever meet. Each and every one of them is friendly, helpful, caring and willing to help you with all of your quilting questions; and trust me I had about a million and one questions when I first started quilting. I'm going to miss being able to participate at guild events, this really was something I enjoyed doing with all my heart.

*The last open house while we still live here...I'll be honest, I'm not going to miss those, LOL! There's nothing like trying to get your teenagers motivated to mow the yard, edge the yard with a weed whacker, pull weeds, mop floors, clean windows, scrub toilets and vacuum- talk about mission impossible! But somehow through it all I've managed to not make my kids hate me- which by the way is a huge miracle! Having my kids on stand by to scram at a moments notice if a realtor brings by a potential interested party, well it's enough to make us all batty. So in all honesty, I'm not going to miss having open houses.

*The last HOA (home owners association) meeting went very well. I think that after all my harping that I finally do have people interested in really making the HOA a priority, I've been able to fill all of the spots including President. I do feel that the Lord was watching over me and he has answered my prayers. Part of me is going to miss being involved in the HOA, but to be honest if I were to be here longer I still would have been done this year. It's time to get some fresh new faces in there and with that some new ideas. I feel very blessed to have such wonderful neighbors that have taken an interest in their community.

So not all last things are to be dreaded, not all last things are terrible and not all last things are to be feared. I can now check off 3 major things off my list of things to get done before I leave, I feel very good about that!

1 comment:

thekatsmeow said...

Hi Sandie, You poor thing! I hate pink eye! You have a lot on your plate right now and my thoughts are with you. I'm glad you are getting the skin spots checked out. My grandfather has had several bouts with Melanoma but is doing fine now. He grew up in Miami before they knew about sunblock! I am from Florida myself and am very careful about any spots I see. I had a spot removed from my face several years ago but it was fine. In fact, my friend's daughter just had a melanoma removed (she lives in Florida too) and she is only 21 but she's doing great as well. I hope you will keep us updated on you, your daughter and your move. It seems like you've been preparing for this move forever, I'll bet you can't wait for a sense of normalcy again! (Is that a word? LOL). Hang in there sweetie.