INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, June 14, 2009

what they (the movers) will and won't pack

There's been this thing about moving companies...what they and what they won't pack. The big issues have been about; spices, candles, body wash, lotions, cosmetics and food items.

Here's what they WILL pack

*all of my spices
*dry foods such as pasta (damn, just gave it all away)
*rice (gave it all away too)
*body wash, lotions and cosmetics

Here's what they WON'T pack

*Candles of any kind. They won't even pack candles that are in a jar (which irks me). Which makes me have to ship 19 large jar candles (I've been stocking up for a while now and I only buy them when they are $10 or less).

*Extracts (IE; vanilla, raspberry, mint, almond etc) Since I have a small fortune wrapped up in them I might was well ship them to myself.

All in all, I'm doing quite alright! Well minus the expense of shipping a boat load of Yankee Candles to myself, LOL! But hey, it's soooo worth it! I will try to put a few in our luggage and save a few $hipping $$ that way.

Did you know...on international flights you are allowed 3 suitcases each? Being military we're allowed up to 70 lbs per suitcase, pretty cool!

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

70lbs?? And they supply a soldier with each one to carry it for you I hope? Perhaps you should put your jar candles in storage and start a new collection over here, Yankee are just as popular.

Sandie said...

Oh Julia, how I wish I could! But alas, they won't even pack them for going into storage. So I'm going to tuck a few into each suitcase and ship the rest.