INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Shopping

We started off the day by attending Catholic Mass at RAF Croughton, we to the family social afterwards and my husband introduced us to more folks from the base. After church we went to Castle Quay (a shopping mall) in the town of Banbury. It's a mall in every sense just like back in the states. Now I was rather taken back by the number of cell phone stores in the mall. Being that we're new here, we're unsure of which cell phone company to go with. Buying a cell phone and picking out a calling plan is going to take a bit more research, so can wait until next week.

We did mange to get some nice dress shoes and a few more ties for Andrew (school stuff). Bought lunch from a Pasty Shop (I can't believe how cheap and yummy it was £10 or $16.50 US for 4 including bottled water) and we ate our lunch sitting at a bench underneath of a huge oak tree. After lunch, we went back into the mall and did a little more shopping- went to The Clarks Shop where I found a cute pair of red leather sandals- Hannah made me promise to let her wear them from time to time. We actually went there to find shoes for Hannah for school, the red sandals were a bonus :-)

After that shopping trip I thought that we were on our way home but Lucien had other plans...off to buy room darkening curtains/drapes (it's light from 4am until 10pm out here) and a fan for Hannah's room. Bought said items and then back to home. "Tops in Blue" is at RAF Croughton and off my husband went to go greet them- the kids and I are staying home to take a little nap before dinner.

It was a great afternoon out and about in our little part of England.

3 comments:

Sheilagh said...

Sounds like you had a fun day, I have visited Banbury when my daughter's husband was based at RAF Benson. A lovely town.

Hope the jet lag disappears soon:)

best wishes

Sheilagh

Julia Dunnit said...

Nice day. Settling in; take it gently - you'll look back at this post with longing in the winter when it gets dark at 4pm and doesn't change much till 8am!!

Sandie said...

Julia- sounds much like the winters in South Dakota, LOL!

Sheilagh-I'd love to hear more about British military life :-)

I'm loving how everything is so green out here, flowers are in bloom everywhere I turn!