INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

It's Tuesday Gromit

Does it happen to you- you set out to do one thing and end up doing something else? I had wanted to sew but what did I do? I put together more "kits" for me to make at a later time. I love pulling out fabrics and matching patterns and colors. This latest endeavour is for some new patterns I purchased from one of the Vendors at the Quilt Show and they are sweet! It's not quilts but my other passion....tote bags and purses. Who doesn't like a nice tote or handbag? Now I get to use some of those large floral print fabrics I bought earlier this year :-D I have been lucky enough to find some terrific patterns! Now to buy some zippers, toggles, a couple more spools of thread (parakeet- what a cute name) and a few yards of fusible fleece batting.

One of the first things I plan on doing when I get to England is to buy myself a new Janome sewing machine. I'm putting my beloved HT2008 into storage along with my Serger. I don't want to mess up my machine because of the voltage difference so I'll buy myself another one instead. I've been looking up addresses for Janome Stockists located where we live in England and I'm surprised that I have so many to choose from. Here in South Dakota we had 1 store and the owner was a jerk- and because of that I bought my sewing machines (all 3 of them) on line and saved myself several hundred dollars in the process. So if any of my British friends are reading- please chime in if you know of a good reputable stockist for Janome sewing machines.

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

I know all about starting one thing that turns into another - we blogged about the same thing today!
Asking me about sewing machines is like asking a polar bear about portable heaters. Sorry, useless!

thekatsmeow said...

LOL That's so funny because I just posted a joke about this very thing on my blog on Monday.

Let us know what sewing machine you end up getting ok? I have bee thinking about getting a Janome Sew Mini I think it's called. I'm dying to learn to sew (for scrapbooking) but just can't take on any more new projects at the moment. It's one of those "I'll do it soon" things!

Don't worry about the ADD thing, I think it's in the air now a days LOL