INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, June 01, 2009

Tragedy touches our town

It's heart breaking to find out that a child has died, but somehow even more so when you know that the child attended school with one of your children and that the deceased child has a sibling that went to school with your other child. Here's the news story at the local news paper- Rapid City Journal. Please keep both families in your thoughts and prayers. The child that survived the horrible accident is friends with my sons girlfriend. My heart goes out to everyone...from the land owners whose property was destroyed/damaged in the accident, to those who found the young girls, to those in law enforcement who had to tell the parents of these teen-aged girls about the accident and especially the ones that had to inform the young girls parents of her death. As I was telling my children of this story is when I found out how much more I was connected to it all. Andrew really put it into perspective for me and drew all of the lines together for all of the connections.

And earlier today my dear friend Donna was telling me about the death of someone whom they were connected to but did not know personally. Donna...if you're reading this, THIS is exactly how I feel, it's that very same way about these 2 teen girls. Although I didn't know them I knew many others that were connected in other ways. It's like something that Clarence the Angel said in the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" to George when he (George)realizes just what his life is about...isn't it strange how one life touches so many others. In case you didn't know it...it's something that is very real and true...one life does touch so many others. So please, hug your children, tell them they mean the world to you and hold them tight...because we never know when their lives can be cut short to be in heaven with our Lord.

No comments: