INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, June 26, 2009

Jet Lag?

Jet lag- what is this "Jet Lag" everyone speaks of? I've not had a moment to turn my head to it, Jet Lag...I don't have time for Jet Lag. And it's not as if anyone else is giving ME time to have Jet Lag either. It's been go go go since the moment our plane touched down in London.

Tuesday -we arrived, and got to our house, dropped off the bags, changed out of our clothes and went out again. First for a meal at The Acorn- quaint place, okay food and service. We enjoyed sitting out of doors in the garden area. The weather was perfect for being out of doors too! Went to the base and picked up a few grocery items at the commissary. It's a small commissary but it has all of the basic essentials and I can work with that. That evening I made dinner for Hannah since she didn't like her meal at the restaurant, I couldn't blame her for not eating it as I had tasted it and yes, it was nasty. So for her first meal at home and the first meal I made in our new house it was "Curried Chickpeas". I couldn't believe how much Hannah ate (she must have been starving).

Wednesday -we attended a Taco Dinner hosted by the Family & Airmen Readiness Center for the Hearts Apart group (those who have a military spouse away on deployment).

Thursday -was go to work with your husband (it was for me anyway). In the morning we attended a change of command ceremony. I love going to these things because this is when the military commander gives thanks to his mentors and his family for being there for him, they almost always bring a tear to my eye. We came home for lunch and for me to make more phone calls about finding a reasonable quarantine kennel for our cat (more on that story later) then back to the base for the Volunteer Award ceremony and an ice cream social. After spending an entire day away from the children (they were still sleeping when we came home for lunch and our round of phone calls to quarantine kennels) I called them to let them know that we'd be home in 10 minutes and to be ready as we were going out to dinner.

Had dinner at Pudding Face, one word...YUMMY! Check out the link and it'll tell you a bit about the place. It's charming to say the least and the food and service was excellent! This was the first time in ages where our food has been "too hot" to eat when it served to us, LOL! You know how it is at most restaurants, food comes to you lukewarm at best. This is a restaurant that I know will become a family favorite! Just reading the menu last night made it hard to choose a pie- I plan on going back and trying many of the other pies! YUM! At this restaurant, everyone enjoyed their meal And best of all, Hannah left feeling full and happy!

Came home and I had to put on my pj's and crawl into bed. I remember trying to read a little and I got through a paragraph or two and then I was OUT! I was woken up at 6 am by my husband who was getting ready for work trying to make small talk with me. I was too darn sleepy to understand anything he said. All I wanted to do was to sleep. I crawled out of bed at 6:40 am and here I am. I have a feeling that I will have to take a nap this afternoon if I am to make it through the entire day. I like the idea that I have no where to be today and that I can concentrate on getting a few thing set up around here. I'm having Hannah change bedrooms as I like the other bedroom (this is a 4 bedroom house) a little more for space arrangements and so forth. Her room and the guest room are the only rooms that don't have ceiling fans and I want to buy her a stand fan for her room for better air circulation.

Friday -no outings planned for today. I do have a to do list though as I plan to reorganize the kitchen and change Hannah out of her current bedroom and into another, arrange my crafty items that I sent to myself and to explore the neighborhood some more.

Saturday- that's already booked for me, it's a full day of events to attend. Yup, my time is no longer my own.

Time for more coffee and to get started on the rearranging of furniture upstairs for Hannah.

4 comments:

Sheilagh said...

Sounds like your life is a whirlwind at the moment Sandie. I hope it settles down soon and you get you poor pussy cat sorted.

Have a great weekend.

Sheilagh

Sandie said...

Thnks Sheilagh,
After paying £546 to a kennel for our kitty to stay there for 8 days (very expensive), we should be able to pick kitty up on July 4th. I can only imgaine how upset she will be with us.

Susan said...

OUCH on the cost! Been cheaper to buy a new one LOL
Now I might have to bring up a dinner thing at our AFRC (pronounce it like AFLAC :)). I know our SGT wouldn't be thrilled, but what a nice opportunity! I don't always think the family events work out too well... maybe FREE FOOD would attract more?
Sounds like things are going superly for you guys!

Sandie said...

Susan, FREE FOOD is always a big attraction, but maybe you guys (being at Midnrot et all) need to offer FREE BEER along with the free food? LOL!