INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

It's about me

It's so rare that I take time out these days for myself but today...it's about me. My husband the darling thoughtful man that he is gave me gift certificates to use at a Day Spa...18 months ago. I never felt as if I could spend the entire day at the spa getting pampered, that was until now. The past couple of months alone with 2 teens finishing up school for the year, trying to keep a house show room ready 24/7 (in case a realtor brings over clients to view it), selling off our other 2 cars, and doing all of the things that I need to do to get a pet ready to ship to the UK...well I feel worthy of being pampered a bit now.

On Monday Peg's (check out her blog for great paper crafting ideas) we made some darling cards and a scrapbook layout- I'll be posting mine AFTER my birthday this weekend as it is a birthday layout (so to speak). The tools and the accessories we use are fantastic! Everyone puts their own spin on things and it's amazing to see how they turn out. I saw Sarah doing something on her layout and I wanted to try it and so I did and WOW! Each layout looks different because of our color choices and the little spin each of us puts on it and so forth.

After spending a couple or 3 hours at the day spa I'll then go over to the civic center to turn in my 4 quilts for exhibit for the big quilt show this weekend. Please go and check it out if you are in the area. You just may be greeted by me when you come to buy your tickets!

This is going to be such a good and positive day, I can feel it! I hope that the manicurist can do something with these stubby fingernails of mine :-o as my nails are worn down to nubs!

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Hope you found the nail treatment an oasis amongst the busy busy!

Sandie said...

Julia, my time at the Day Spa was wonderful! I came out of there feeling like a million dollars! If I ever win the lottery...I'm taking all of my girlfriends to a day spa for some serious pampering!