INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Surgery day for Hannah

It's early, too early to wake Hannah yet. We leave in and hour and a half, I'll wake her 20 minutes prior to leave time. She can hang out in her jammies if she likes, its not as if anyone will see her :-)

My prayer for my daughter is that this growth is finally gone from her body and that she may walk without pain. I know that Hannah is ready to get rid of this thing once and for all! Hannah went with the laser treatment versus using a scalpel because of the quicker recovery/healing time plus there's vitually no blood/bleeding.

On a lighter note...Have you seen the movie Shallow Hal with Jack Black? It's a truly hallirious movie. The reason why I mention it is because there's this one part where Hal and his friend Mauricio have to concoct some stupid reason why Jack left his date at the restaurant. So they come up with "CC" Contagious Conjunctivitis (which is what I have)...and they blop on the Vaseline all over his eyes (I'm cracking up as I write this). You see, I have Erthythromycin ointment to put into my eyes at night...and it's not quite as bad as that scene when Hal answers the door and Rosemary is looking at him wondering what on earth is going on...but it's close, LOL! I have to put a 1 inch ribbon of this ointment in each eye, no eye make up for a week and well my eyes are still looking pretty red on a good note, there's no green goo in the corners of my eyes this morning :D

3 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Will be htinking of Hannah, and good luck to her for a rapid and trouble free recovery. Glad your eyes are 'responding' - red is better than green!

thekatsmeow said...

gross lol (the eyes thing) I'll keep your daughter in my thoughts and prayers :-)

Do you know how you caught pink eye? Did anyone else in your family get it first or after?

Shallow Hal was really funny. I'm not usually a Jack Black fan but he was really funny in that movie.

Take care :) Hugs to you and your family! Hope you wake up with clear eyes tomorrow!

Kathleen
Scrappin' Through Life With Kat!
http://kathleendriggers.blogspot.com

Sandie said...

Hannah is doing great (only threw up 2x's after the surgery). She took a pain pill 20 minutes ago and is sleeping like a princess.

My doctor told me that my immune system is low because of the stress I'm under from the move. I could have picked the germs up from a shopping cart and rubbed my eyes.

I'm off to clean out my pantry, movers are here on Monday and I want to be ready for them!