INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Moving Day #3

Day #3 of the move
The moving guys are due here soon. I got up at 3 am, started packing more boxes to ship to ourselves. The weather has sort of been cooperating- only raining intermittently. It (the rain) seems to start pouring after the guys have left- which is very convienitent.
I'm starting to feel a little more at ease about seeing everything we own packed up and being shipped off. A cross country move is so much easier, if the item or items can't be packed, then we would just put it into the minivan and that's it. No minivan to put things into this time, just lots and lots of suitcases and USPS priority mail shipping boxes. I've got one suitcase that's full of my family members shoes. Hiking boots, sneakers, dress shoes, sandals high heels and more! Boy oh boy are those customs folks in London ever going to get a good laugh...a suitcase full of used shoes, LOL! I almost didn't let Andrew put his hiking boots in the suitcase as Hannah and I have a "NO Stinky Shoes" policy that is being strictly enforced (can you see it now, one pair of stinky shoes makes for stinky shoes for everyone- eeewww).
I've been taking pictures every day of the moving process. It's amazing how my Scrapbook Nook has taken the longest to pack...then again I do have quite a bit of "stuff" in there. The guy packing up stairs was amazed at my fabric stash, I let him know that my stash is nothing as compared to let say the more "seasoned" quilter.
Now for some coffee and to get ready to drive to the post office and city hall.

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Keep going gal, guess now you're knee deep in it, the overwheling feeling has passed and you're onto soemthing much more focussed. Lack of sleep might be a prob. Thinking of you.

Sandie said...

Thanks Julia! I'm feeling better about seeing everything we own in the hands of other people. That's the part that always makes me feel a bit ill when we move. I try not to think of how much stuff will be damaged but more about the new adventure that is about to start.