INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, May 21, 2007

Another busy week ahead

After 2 luncheons and 3 dinners I'm pooped! But here we go again with this weeks list of events. Where will I be in a couple of hours? You got it, I kick the week off with a farewell luncheon. I like going out for lunch, it going out to dinner at the same place eating basically the same meal (chicken breast sauteed in something with some sort of potato side dish, green beans and New York Cheesecake with raspberry sauce) 3 days in a row that gets rather tiresome. I like all of those things, just not 3 days in a row, LOL! I can only imagine what I'm getting for lunch today.

I got to work in my scrapbook nook all weekend long! I've been making layouts and greeting cards like no one knows! I'll have to put some of my latest creations out for everyone to see. I finished 4 layouts for the OSC Scholarship banquet and learned something new about using Undo. Where I had planned to use it to remove the embellishments I had made for the poster board that was on display at the banquet Thursday evening. Well lets just say that Undo is NOT for removing items that have been heat embossed with enamel, as the Undo makes the enamel blister and then it falls right off leaving you with a HUGE mess! Yup I've never experienced that before then again I never used it on enameled items- go figure, LOL!

Andrew got his drivers license last Thursday and has been chomping at the bit to drive to school. So off he went with Hannah as his passenger...off to school in one of the family cars. He took Hannah over to visit a girlfriend on Sunday afternoon. Hannah was looking for her wallet and Andrew was right there saying "I'll help you find it Hannah". Okay my first instinct was to say "something is wrong with this picture" Andrew wants to help Hannah find something, hmmmm what gives. Sure enough, he was going to drive Hannah to her girlfriends house...her friend lives on base. This was Andrews first time of driving without an adult in the car with him, was I nervous? YES of course I was! But he got Hannah there safely and made it back home. So my babies drove off to school this morning. Wow this is a sign that I'm getting older. Our boy is driving at 14 years old...WOW!

3 comments:

lauriewe said...

wow- you can drive at 14 in ND- I had a hard time with a permit at 15.5 in OH!

Sandie said...

Apparently in both South Dakota and North Dakota you can get your drivers license as early as 14 years 3 month old as long as you've had a drivers training course that your parents have paid for with a professional firm. Now if your parents are teaching you how to drive then it's 14 years 6 months that you can get your drivers license. But then again it's not a "real license" per say. It's more like a driving permit...you can drive between the hours of 6 or 7 am until 10 pm with your parents permission. There are limitations until the kids turn 16 years old.

Sandie said...

ps- I didn't get my drivers license until I was 18 years old and was working a job for 3 months so I could afford my own car insurance.