INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Saying good bye is never easy...

Yesterday I attended a farewell luncheon for the Operations Group commanders spouse. She's a fantastic woman, mentor and friend. She might not think so but I've seen her as an inspiration. While Virginia Tech was all over the news she kept a pretty calm head on her shoulders, you see...her oldest son attends VT. You might remember the only ROTC student that was killed, well that young man was a good friend to her son. I saw this woman every Sunday at church and she always had a smile on her face. I'm going to miss Debbie more than she knows.

Actually a great many of my friends from Ellsworth are leaving this summer. All going to far off places (no where exotic though). There's Ginny, Christine, Kathy E, Kathy T, Georgia, Sherri, Amy, Cheryl, Debbie, and Elena. Ten friends leaving this summer (so far), I feel a little sad now that I wrote it out so I can see it. No wonder why my dear friend Kristi was crying the other day at church, most of these people live on her street. Well I intend on keeping a positive outlook, I'm thinking about the new friends I'll be making later on in August!

Tonight I'll be presenting the scrapbooking albums to the honorary president, vice president and the current OSC president- eek! Of course I will have to take them back because this evenings pictures won't be in there.

No comments: