INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

It's been a terrific weekend! Yesterday's garage sale went okay, not well just okay. But the weather, IT was fantastic! Garage sales are hard work! Oh my gosh talk about putting my marketing background to work, LOL! How attractive can you make cardboard boxes filled with your unwanted stuff? I mean really? LOL!

Alright here's today's series of weird events...My blow dryer is dead. None of that blown dry hair for Sandie on Mother's Day (or Hannah for that matter). But I did pull out the circulating fan that we used in the base house and sat in front of it until my hair was to a dry enough point though, LOL! I had my husband take my blow dryer apart to see what was the matter with it and everything (he's quite the Mr. Fit It) and he couldn't find the problem. I did manager to buy a new blow dryer after church today Ü

My charming family was cooking lunch and was going to make garlic bread and the new stove started acting up again (yes we've been having some issues with it this past week). I've got 2 gourmet cheesecakes to bake for the Mission Support Group luncheon tomorrow, eeek! I need that own of mine to work!

I was able to surprise a girlfriend of mine today with a small token of my love and appreciation for her. Nothing gets a girl (I use that work "girl" as a general term) weepy like a thoughtful gift on Mother's Day, especially while her husband is away on a deployment. My friend Kristi is having a little bit of a rough time of it right now. I think what's getting to her (besides her husband being far away) is that over half of her friends and neighbors are moving away in the next 4 to 6 weeks and that she sees it as her support team are all leaving her. I'd be upset by this too, but I also have been through the deployment thing a few times more that my girlfriend has. So today was about letting Kristi know that she is loved and that she still has friends nearby that she can call on at any time even though we no longer live on base. I find that you need to reassure your girlfriends that it's okay to cry and it's okay to say "hey I need help", that we're there for them through the thick and the thin.

This will make you laugh...I find that if you hint long enough that you do indeed get the Mother's day gift that you've been wanting. Silly huh? Well after last years shopping on line for Tahitian Pearls fiasco, I decided that I would buy them locally if I could find them. Word to the wise, never and I mean never buy pearls of any kind on line, especially from Overstock.com, they got so sick of me sending them back in for replacement that they refused to work with me any longer (no joke) and instead of getting yet another pair of earrings and a pendant in the mail I got a refund check and a letter telling me that they don't want to work with me any longer. So it's a year later...and I found a jewelery store in Rapid City that had exactly what I wanted...all I have to say is that I LOVE my new necklace and earrings! I kick myself for not getting the Tahitian pearl earrings and pendant when we were in Hawaii 2 years ago, I could have gotten them at the military base at such a reasonable price (okay so what might be reasonable to one person might be another's idea of highway robbery, LOL). Yes if I had anything to regret from our Hawaiian vacation was not getting myself those pearls, LOL!

I need to get out the linen table clothes and ironing them smooth. After that then I'll get to making those cheesecakes Ü I'm hungry for them right now!

No comments: