INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Going Home

I bought airline tickets to go home and visit my parents. Actually I bought 2 tickets, Hannah is going with me on this trip. So where will my son and husband be at this time? Andrew will be at leadership school in Louisiana and my husband will be here working and taking care of the cat and house plants. I haven't been home in 2 years and I feel rather badly about that. But what can I say, I've been rather busy.

I'll be gone June 18th through the 30th. I'm bringing the laptop and have my list of wi-fi hot spots. Having parents that are getting up there in years is not easy to deal with. Most of the relatives are either in denial about my Dad's condition or they think that he's going to make some sort of miraculous recovery. I find these people to be ignorant of his true condition...the man has advanced Parkinson's AND Alzheimer's, he will never "get better". I'm a realist and prefer to deal with the issues at hand and not hide my head like and Ostrich in the sand. My Dad remembers me, be it at different stages in my life and I'm fine with that. One thing I do to keep him remembering me is to write him each and every week. I make him a different greeting card for every letter...I don't think that I've made and sent the same one twice.

I've always been there for my Mom and always will be My mother is a very strong person and has been through a great deal in her lifetime. I have a high regard and respect for her. And as Abraham Lincoln once said "All I am and hope to be I owe to my Mother". I owe a lot to my mother...without her I would not be the person that I am today.

No comments: