INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, May 04, 2007

Catching up on the week

It's a miracle that I don't have to be anywhere else but at home today. What a perfect day to hang out in one's PJ's, well for a little while at least Ü.

The concert at our daughter's school was lovely. Our Hannah looked like she truly was having fun up there on stage. Our friends' daughter Mackenzie sang so beautifully, other children sang well but this girl was something else Ü. After the concert we surprised out daughter with a dinner out with her parents...no brother in tow just Hannah and her parents. It was nice being able to have that one on one time with our daughter.

We came home and weren't in the house 10 minutes when we heard this weird sound...like a water fall on the house. Oh my gosh it was a down pour! Well hey, I don't have to water my container garden today Ü.

Our son is at an JR ROTC Field Day somewhere in Rapid City. He and the other ROTC cadets will be having a drill off and other ROTC competition stuff. I know that he's going to be having fun today! He and the other ROTC cadets have been excused from all of their classes to spend the day down town with ROTC cadets from other schools in the area...what is not to like?

Garage Sale- it's on the 12th, the day before Mother's Day. My darling husband put up more shelves in the garage so we can get the stuff we're going to keep up and out of the way. We're hit the saturation point and need more storage areas to keep the items we want to keep. I find it amazing how we thought that we were doing so well with purging our stuff on such a regular basis. Now that we're in this larger house we are pulling stuff from all over the place that we no longer want and or need. How do we do that? I mean really, how? We have all kinds of things for this garage sale...a brand new over the range microwave oven, a brand new dishwasher, loads of shelving with brackets, a good amount of scrapbooking supplies, tools and even some Sizzix dies. Now there won't be any scrapbooking paper as I have given it all away to friends (just call me an enabler). There will be table lamps (a good way to make sure I get new ones Ü is to sell off the old ones) and lets not even talk about the clothing, women's men's and kids. I think that I'll have my friend Sherri bring over her washer and dryer and put them in our garage sale. Picture frames, we're going to have oodles of picture frames for sale too! I'm changing things here in the house and picture frames are one of those things that are being changed out. So I better get on that project this morning before I get sucked into doing something else...like scrapbooking Ü and best of all...it's a project I can do while hanging out in my jammies.

1 comment:

Susan said...

oh girlfriend!! I want to come visit! :) The nightmare continues here with trying to downsize. YIKES! OH washer and dryer. Snowblower. What else do i need? :)