INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mean Girls

Every morning I watch the girls that come from down the street and wait at the corner in front of my house being destructive. From throwing large rocks (and they are very large) at the sidewalk and newly paved street- to me it looks like the game is about trying to see who can take the biggest chip out of the sidewalk or make the biggest dent in the newly paved street. Then there are the big orange cones put at the entry of the new cul-de-sac to keep truck from driving on it- well they've pretty much mashed those things down by stomping on them. Today they were taking the cones and seeing how far they could throw them...enough was enough, I went out there and yelled at them to stop what they were doing and to put those cones back. That is they continued with their destructive behavior I have no qualms about marching them down to their homes right then and there and making them tell their parents what they were doing every morning while waiting for the school bus. I also let them know that I will let the contractor know and that they most likely will have to pay for replacement cones and anything else that was damaged. I let them know that I was serious and I have no problem in telling their parents what they've been up to every morning. Oh yeah those young ladies pout the cones back, I did have to tell them to do it 3 times...and yes I have every intention of letting their parents know what they've been doing.

Yeah, I fully expect kids to mess around while waiting at the bus stop (they are kids after all) but this is ridiculous! There are two things that I can not and will not tolerate the first is bullying and the second is vandalism. This is going to look really bad especially when I know that the parents to these girls are going to be modified when I tell them what's been going on.

Did you know that when it comes to being Bullies that girls are worse than boys? It's true. I have a girlfriend whose high school aged son has been repeatedly bullied by a young lady that is is a few of his classes. Boys are taught from an early age not to pick on girls, not to hit girls and so forth...but this young lady has been making life for my friends son hell on earth. He feels that if he complains about her that he would look weak or look like a wimp. Lets face it, bullying is harassment no matter how you slice it. High school is hard enough just with the advanced studies, in my eyes bullies need to be made accountable for their actions, no matter what their sex.

No comments: