INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Finding Inspiration

I have to tell you, I have made some pretty some awesome friends here at Ellsworth AFB. When I had told my friend Kim about wanting to host a Mother's Day brunch for the MSG wives that have husbands away on deployed or remote assignments she was right there willing to lend a helping hand as are my other girlfriends Cindy, Molly, Sherri, and Kristi to name a few. It might have started out as my luncheon idea but now "Our Luncheon" is going to be so much more. I have so much respect for these women and their families. I've witnessed first hand the kinds of sacrifices and hardships that they have endured while their husbands have been away- having been through it myself I know how hard it can be at times just to make it through a day in their shoes. So with their sacrifices in mind, from my heart I started making plans to host a luncheon to honor them. It's become a wonderful thing. Besides a fabulous lunch brunch sort of thing we've got going on, we're going to have goodie bags for them and give them time to hang out and relax. When I need inspiration, I just think of any of my girlfriends that are doing the single parent thing right now...when I have days where I think that "I" have it rough, I just need to think about how rough it really could be. These ladies inspire me to be more and to do more with our military community. Am I proud to be an Air Force Wife? You know I am! But I'm even more proud of the men and women who keep the home fires burning and the families together through all sorts of weather. Please keep our military families in your thoughts and prayers as they go through deployment and remote assignments to places far and away from those they love.

No comments: