INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Organizing Tips

One of my best organizing tips is ...As soon as you bring it home from your LSS (local scrapbooking store) is to put it away!

Another sound piece of advice is... A place for everything and everything in it's place. It's so much easier to find what you're looking for when you have a "spot" for it and putting it back in it's "spot" after your done using it.

more tips...

Put like things together...I have a drawer that's just for chipboard, everything chipboard goes into that drawer, letters, shapes whatever, if it's made out of chipboard into the drawer it goes!

Labels- I love to use my P-touch label maker! Having drawers clearly labels as to what you have in them is another way to stay on top of being organized. Knowing where your items go helps to take the guess work out of finding them and putting them away. It also helps your family members know where to put things back when they are done using them as well Ü.

ROY G BIV... organizing items in large clear acrylic jars in the colors of the rainbow is another way to organize especially if you don't mind having things like ribbon, buttons eyelets and what not all together and grouped by color. I've seen this done and it's actually quite cute. I'm a little to anal about how I organize things so it was a rather short lived way for me to store my scrapbooking goodies. But just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean that it wouldn't work for you. You can get those jars just about anywhere...Ikea, The Container Store, Wal-Mart, Target etc.

My most sound piece of advice is the first one...after you bring it home put it away! Everything in it's place and a place for everything!

No comments: