INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, May 28, 2007

Ribbon Storage


One of my biggest challenges was to get the best possible use of space in my new scrapbook nook. Being twice as large as my last scrapbook nook it would be easy to just spread out, but I wanted to be just as organized in this new space as I was in the old space.


Ribbon storage was something that I had to reinvent - since the last nook had an over hang it was easy to use it with those butterfly and flower hooks. But this space is different. As much as I love having windows I am finding them a challenge to work around, only because I can see using the area where the window is to hang something on the wall, LOL! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being able to see outside Ü.
The funny thing here is that we seriously over estimated how long to have the chains cut for hanging the dowels with all of the spools of ribbon. Other than that I adore this new hanging ribbon holder! My husband thought of this all by himself too! It's much like a pot rack without the pot rack cost. This whole set up minus the dowels and ribbon spools was right around $30 and it adds even MORE storage space! What is not to like? Ü That's a chrome shelf, chain (lots of chain), hooks and those large eyes to hang the rack on from the ceiling. Bought it all at Lowe's. Cost of a pot rack that size...close to $200. So for you scrapbookers out there who wonder if my husband is supportive of my scrapbooking and card making habit the answer is a whopping YES, my husband is very supportive of my hobby!

No comments: